We invite all boys and girls between 5 and 16 to play junior cricket with the Ashburton Willows this season! The Ashburton Willows are a proud, successful, sociable and family oriented community club with a unique specialist coaching and play mentorship model.
We are passionate about the development of our Junior Cricket Program and would love you and your families to be involved. AWCC has the following Junior Cricket Teams confirmed for the 2021/2 season.
Registration is now open. This year we are managing all registrations through Play Cricket. Please use the support tool on Play Cricket if you have difficulty registering. The fee for the season is $250 and includes a playing shirt.
For registration enquiries please contact Emily Wilhelm
All training for U10s - U16s will be held at Ferndale Park or Ashburton Park. The tentative schedule is below but we are very flexible and open to changes if teams prefer other days/times.
- U/10, u/11 and Girls Stage 1 - Friday 5pm to 6pm
- U/12 - Wednesday 5pm - 6pm
- U/14 - Thursday 5pm - 6pm
- U/16 - Thursday 5pm - 6pm
Game Day - Days of play
TO BE CONFIRMED FOR SEASON 21/22
- Girls Stage 1 will be played on Wednesday evenings
- Under 10s will be played on Sunday mornings
- Under 11s will be played on Sunday mornings
- Under 12s will be played on Saturday mornings
- Under 14s will be played on Friday evenings
- Under 16s will be played on Friday evenings
- If you love your sport, or simply want to have a go, we would love to welcome you to be part of our first ever Girls Cricket Program
- Girls aged 10-15 years old are encouraged to participate
- T20 matches are held on Wednesday evenings at local venues
- Tailored and flexible playing conditions cater for all experience levels
- Contact Club President Tim Murphy for more information
Game Day - What to wear
- Long white or cream pants
- AWCC One day playing shirt (included with registration fee)
- The official club cap or a broad brimmed white hat
- A WHITE ONLY windcheater or cricket vest/jumper for colder weather
- Mainly white ‘normal’ runners or cross trainers are acceptable. However, rubber soled cricket shoes are encouraged for junior teams to minimise the likelihood of injury. In particular synthetic pitches and run-ups can be sandy and slippery and cricket shoes provide the best level of grip for these surfaces. Please note that as all grades play on synthetic pitches, spikes are not allowed.
- Players should always wear sunscreen and must bring their own water bottle to each match
- A pair of cricket underpants, or skins with a built in pouch, or a pair of tight-fitting underwear are recommended for match day so they can firmly hold a protector.
Please note that bats, pads, helmets, etc... will be provided by the club however you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
Game Day - Weather
The AWCC is guided by the weather rules of the Eastern Cricket Association. Please refer to the ECA website under the "Match Information - Adverse weather information (wet and heat)" menu.